Bidding Rules - 2019 Putnam County Tax Lien Auction
If you are new to Realauction tax lien auction websites, we recommend you proceed in the following fashion:
- Familiarize yourself with the laws that regulate tax sales in this state. If you are unfamiliar with the statutes governing tax liens in the state of Florida, read the “Tax Certificate Process” document located at the left of the home page. It is a plain English summary of the law which will take only minutes to read.
- Review this County's auction settings. See the Summary of Important Dates and Information below.
- Register. As part of the process, you will be prompted to create a Username and Password.
Set your Budget.
- Decide how much money you want to invest in tax certificates for this auction. Pick a dollar amount. ($10,000 for example)
- Enter that amount as your budget.
Place your bids. You may bid on as many quality certificates as you like. Your budget will limit how much you can win, no matter how many bids you place. If you are fortunate enough to win all the liens you want (exhausting your budget), your remaining bids are simply ignored.
As each batch closes, you can view the results for that batch by clicking “Results” on the left side menu inside the auction website. Clicking the “Sold To” link on the auction results page will display all the bids on that item along with other useful information. After viewing the results, you have the option to change your bids in any batches that have not yet closed.
Pay for your winnings. As a condition for participation in the tax certificate sale auction, all bidders are required to pre-authorize an automatic debit by the Putnam County Tax Collector in the amount of their winnings.
At the close of the auction, if you are a successful bidder, payment for your winnings will be debited via ACH from the account authorized to make your final payment.
It is the bidder's responsibility to ensure "good funds" are available in your account by 4:00 PM ET on 04/10/2019 when the debit will be initiated.
Summary of Important Dates and Information
|Allow foreign bidder registrations||No|
|Single simultaneous bidder rule||No|
|Bidding style||Buy Now|
|0% bids use proxy system||No|
|Automatic certificate rollup / rollup fee||Yes||$0.00|
|Auction Dates and Times|
|Registration begins (site opens)**||Open All Year|
|Deposits or budgets begin||07/02/2018 at 9:00 AM ET|
|Bidding begins||07/05/2019 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Deposits (or budgets) end||04/10/2019 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Registrations end||04/10/2020 at 4:00 PM ET|
|First batch closes||04/10/2019 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Batch closing interval||NA|
|Last batch closes (auction ends)||04/10/2019 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Payment due date||04/10/2019 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Budget, Deposit and Payment Information|
|Deposit or Budget required||100% (of estimated winnings)|
|Minimum deposit amount||$0.00|
|Deposit / Payment types acceptable:||Deposits||Payments|
|ACH auto-debit final payment||---||No|
|Redemption available via ACH||Yes|
|Public computers available at:||Public Library|
|** Subject to change. The site will open when approved by the County.|
Tooltip Help Management
Disable tooltips just for this page.
Disable tooltips site-wide.